As fashion month draws to a close, we can’t help but notice how many designers incorporated jewelry into their menswear collections, with a very special spotlight on (yes, you guessed it) necklaces of-course. Seen on the catwalks of Fendi and Dolce and Gabbana and all your favourite celebrities from Lewis Hamilton to ASAP Rocky, 2022 is clearly the year for men in necklaces and let’s just say we’re here for it.
But if you’re one of those people who has been watching this trend closely but still need a bit more convincing or guidance, here are 7 reasons why you need to jump on the bandwagon, now!
- Shows that you care about fashion : A man wearing a necklace in 2022 is like a girl wearing butterfly clips, if you’re not doing it you’ve clearly been living under a rock devoid of TikTok and Instagram. Acting as the perfect way to add some pizzazz to your outfit, a statement necklace like this gold Zeus pendant necklace for men will help you channel all those Versace vibes and make it evident that you know what’s up when it comes to fashion and what’s trending. Because at the end of the day it’s all about that head-to-toe drip?
- Exudes confidence: Popularised by hip-hop culture, gold chains have become the ultimate symbol of swag and confidence. A classic men’s must-have accessory, a gold chain like this Cuban 8MM is the perfect timeless neck piece that you can wear all year round. Pair this classic gold chain with your everyday T-shirt and sweatpants for an understated yet effortlessly chic look. And if you’re looking to take it up a notch, try layering it with this Compass Gold necklace for a look that screams LL Cool J.
- Shows that you aren’t afraid to challenge traditional ideals of masculinity: Let’s be honest, there’s nothing more attractive than a man who knows that there is nothing “girly” about wearing a necklace, or any jewelry for that matter. Because hey, this is 2022 and there is nothing more un-cool than gendered pronouns. As gender neutral fashion takes over the high street, genderless jewelry like this CubanSkinny necklace in silver is here to stay, so put those archaic thoughts aside and add some bling into your wardrobe before you get called out for being misogynistic.
- Gives the impression that you’ve got moneybags: Since time immemorial wearing jewelry has been the ultimate symbol of wealth and luxury. From the Mughals in India to the princes in Europe, men have worn jewelry and necklaces in particular for centuries in a bid to show off where they come from. From pearls to diamonds, men around the world are now finding new ways to splurge and show off their affluence through unique necklaces that make a bold statement of their wealth. And what better way to give that impression than with stunning men’s pendant necklaces like these that look lux but don’t cost the earth?
- A great way to highlight your religious beliefs: Many men choose to wear necklaces to vocalise their religious beliefs, without having to say anything. Wearing a crucifix pendant like this cross pendant in silver for example would communicate that you are someone who holds your morals close to your heart. Just like clothes help express oneself, jewelry and necklaces in particular do the same thing and in most cases can say a lot more about a person than just a hoodie or a t-shirt.
- It looks undeniably sexy: There’s no shying away from the fact that men look great in jewelry and necklaces in particular. Subtly drawing attention to the neckline, often referred to as the unsung male erogenous zone, let’s just say necklaces make the mind wander. And as summer dawns on us, there’s no better time to show off that perfectly chiselled chest, leave your shirt open and add a touch of bling with a necklace that draws some more attention to it.
- The perfect way to elevate any outfit: Adding a stylistic element to any outfit, a necklace can do wonders in taking your look to the next level. Perfect for those days when you can’t be bothered to decide what to wear – just pick up the first T you see, slip into the same jeans you wore last night and let your necklaces do all the talking. If you’re in a slightly low-key vibe, choose an understated rope necklace in silver like this one to jazz up the look in a subtle yet tasteful manner. And a statement Zeus pendant necklace like this one, if you’re looking to make some heads turn and add some drama to the everyday look.
So there you have it, a few reasons on why you should jump on the necklace bandwagon if you haven’t already. And you still need some more convincing, click here to browse the whole men’s necklace collection, we’re sure you’ll find something that suits your vibe.
Follow us on Instagram @alfredandco for some inspo on how to style your favourite pieces and learn the art of layering necklaces to take your drip to a whole new level.
- Silver Chain Necklace | 7mm Width | ice©$35.00
- Silver Necklace | 4mm Width | CubanSkinny©$29.99
- Gold Necklace Chain | 4mm Width | CubanSkinny©Product on sale
- Sterling Silver Necklace – Curb, 2.12mm Width – Connell©Product on sale$41.99 – $55.99
- Twisted Rope Chain | Silver | 4mm Width | Rope©Product on sale
- Silver Bracelet | Smooth Curb Style | 7mm Width | ice©$27.99
- Silver Necklace Chain | Cuban | 7mm Width | CubanSlim©Product on sale
- Silver Necklace | Cuban | 8mm Width | Miami©Product on sale
- Mens Silver Bracelet | 4mm Width | CubanSkinny©$24.99